Incredible Maharashtra

Mahadji Shinde Chhatri

Picture
Mahadji Shinde Chatri Wanowrie Pune Mahadaji Shinde Chatri  is located in Wanowrie (close to Fatima Nagar on the way to Hadapsar off Sholapur Road) Pune. Mahadaji Shinde Chatri was built in the memory of Shreemant Maharaja Mahadaji Shinde (1730–February 13, 1794) who was the 5th son of Shreemant Ranoji Rao Maharaj Shinde. The Mahadaji Shinde Chatri was built by Shreemant Maharaja Madhav Rao Scindia in 1965. Shinde Chatri also houses a Shiv Mandir which was built by Shrimant Mahadji in 1794. The Shinde Chatri is maintained by the Shinde Devasthan Gwalior. Shinde Chatri is an example of great achitectural design and is an architectural masterpice of the city. Open for visitors from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM. Entry Fee Rs.2.00